Mary Carroll was elected to her first term as St. Clair Township Clerk in April 2009. In addition to her Township responsibilities, she is a Manager for Peabody Energy and an adjunct instructor for Lindenwood College.
Mary was born and raised in this community. She is married to Terry Carroll and has four children, Erica and Lauren Markey and Josh & Sarah Carroll.
Mary is a graduate of Lindenwood University with Masters in Human Resources Management and a graduate of McKendree College with Bachelors in Business Administration.
The major duties of the Township Clerk are:
- Takes and Maintains Board Meeting Minutes
- Clerk of the Board of Trustees
- Keeper of the Records
- Local Election Authority
- Ex officio Clerk of the Road District
- Administers Oaths
- Maintains Records of Executive Sessions
- Clerk of the Annual Town Meeting and any Special Town Meetings
- Post Public Notices
- In case of a tie to appoint a vacancy, the Clerk casts the tie-breaking vote
215 Papillon Drive
Swansea, IL 62226