Sewer Payment information:
- Bills are sent out bi-monthly. Bills are mailed out in the even numbered months and are due on the 15th of the odd numbered months.
- If your account is two bills past due you will receive a shut off notice.(click here for shut off policy)
- If your account is three bills past due you will receive a lien notice. (click here for lien policy)
Methods of payment:
- Pay in person. Office is located at 107 Service Street, Swansea, IL. Payment may be made with cash, check, money order, MasterCard, Visa or Discover.
- 24 hour drop box located at Township Office, 107 Service Street, Swansea, IL.
- Mail payment to St. Clair Township, 107 Service Street, Swansea, IL 62226.
- Online payments https://magic.collectorsolutions.com/magic-ui/en-US/Login/st-clair-township
- By phone 618-233-3437 with credit/debit card.
- To sign up for direct debit see attached form https://stclairtownship.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Direct-Debit-Authorization-Form.pdf
- To sign up for sewer e-bill, send us an email at [email protected] For more info, click here.
Have you received a Shut Off notice? St. Clair County Grants Department can help. Visit their website here: https://www.co.st-clair.il.us/departments/intergovernmental-grants
One of the services St. Clair Township provides its citizens is functional sewer systems. Every time you flush your toilet or wash something down the sink you create sewage or waste water. Many times we take this service for granted, but its very important to get rid of waste water and sewage.
The sewer department:
- Oversees the operation of the system, billing and collection of current and delinquent fees.
- Sees that all Federal and State EPA requirements are met.
- Presents monthly reports to the Board of Trustees on the operation of the system and collection of fees and charges.
- Makes sure the proper accounting principles are used to furnish the monthly reports to the trustees and supplies the auditors with yearly reports.
Sewer and waste removal is an important service provided to you by St. Clair Township. It provides a clean place to live, protects your environment and ensures the health and well-being of everyone.
To provide clean water and waste removal from sewage and waste water in order to promote a clean environment, public health and sanitation.
Do not put any types of wipes into the sewer system!
Sewer Minimum Usage Resolution 6-25-2013